Anderson Township Historical Society
IIn 1968 the Anderson Township Historical Society was founded in response to the community's desire to study, collect, preserve and teach local history.
The purchase of the Miller-Leuser Log House, made possible by the generous support of members and friends, was an important effort in 1971. In 1974 the building was entered on the National Register of Historic Places.
The brick house, located on the adjoining lot, was acquired in 1973. The lower level is used for storage and Board meetings. The main floor is used as an office, genealogy library, research library and for food preparation for special events.
In 1998, the adjacent property off Bartels Road was purchased. It includes a farmhouse built about 1900. In 2005, another adjoining property was purchased. It includes a large barn and two houses. The combined Anderson Township Historical Society land now totals more than 10 acres, dedicated to the Society's preservation and educational goals.
ATHS is participating in a new venture with interested local volunteers. We are, together, creating an Urban Farm on the upper properties adjoining the Log House property. For more information, go to the Urban Farm page on this site.
Just in time to celebrate ATHS’s 50th anniversary and the 225th anniversary of the founding of Anderson Township, ATHS has edited a book containing 130 pages of photographs with text highlighting the history of the township. Purchasing information is available by contacting WEBmaster@Andersontownshiphistoric alsociety.org.
Preserving the history of Anderson
Township, Hamilton County, Ohio
Anderson Township Historical
Log House located at 6550 Clough Pike
Cincinnati, Ohio 45230
PO Box 30174